Tuesday 23 February 2010

I like a challenge

I've just had a lady in the shop struggling to find a gift for Mothers Day. I could empathise with her as my Mum was incredibly difficult to buy for, particularly as she got older. The challenge was as follows: the Mother in question was elderly and her eyesight was poor (ruling out books and Sean's prints); she also didn't like anything fragrant on her body or in the house as it made her sneeze (ruling out perfume, most of our body products, candles and reed diffusers), she was also on a diet and alcohol made her eyes dry!!!? (ruling all our jams, chutneys, relishes, chocolate, gin, vodka and beers). Oh, and she didn't wear jewellery. Did I fail the challenge? Of course not, the desperate daughter went away happy with a cashmere scarf and, as we're currently still in the grip of the coldest winter since 1978, I'm sure Mum will be happy too!
Louise

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise
    10 out of 10 for effort. lets hope she likes it.

    ReplyDelete