Tuesday 18 May 2010

Louise's bloomers

It's been like summer in the Lakes today and I think my ears are blocked with a little pollen or something as I definitely didn't hear the following conversation correctly.
A lady and her husband brought in a necklace which they'd bought last year and asked if we could replace the chain as it had snapped. I was happy to oblige and then followed a friendly chat about the weather and their journey over by ferry from Ireland. "Are you here for long?" I asked to which the reply was "Yes, for a fortnight, which is great as we only usually manage 3 or 4 days". "That's great" I replied to which they said "blah, blah, blah". Ok, I didn't quite catch what they said but, in the spirit of the lovely conversation we'd had so far I replied "That's brilliant". We then exchanged a few more pleasantries and off they went.
As soon as they'd left the shop Sean doubled up with laughter and then managed to pull himself together to tell me that "blah, blah, blah" had actually been....."Our dog has died, so we've been able to get over for longer this time"!!!! Earth, swallow me up.....lovely couple from Ireland, please forgive me. I'm off to wash out my ears.
Louise
 

No comments:

Post a Comment